You may have noticed I didn't post last week. My deepest apologies.
Tiny green elephants with wings oh so blue flew off with the sugar and I didn't know what to do. You believe me right?
Ok... I was busy and maybe a little lazy. I did bake quite a bit and have some yummy recipes to share, but every time I sat down to type, something came up. Excuses, excuses... I know, it's sad.
Tomorrow is Saturday and if your kids are anything like mine, they have not quite grasped the concept of sleeping in. I mean it's Saturday, it's what you do.
If you need something for breakfast to perk you up along with your coffee, look no further.
These are easy and delicious!
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
(adapted from mybakingaddiction.com)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
3 Tbls white sugar
2 Tbls brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 30 mini muffins cups with paper liners or spray the wells of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the liquid ingredients into the well. Stir until ingredients are just combined - do not over mix the batter. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Evenly divide the batter into the prepared muffin pan wells.
I feel we need to stop and discuss chocolate chips. You can never have too many.
Go ahead and sprinkle some more on top. While we are at it, mix the Tbls of sugar and sprinkle that on top for some crunchy goodness.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Remove muffins to a wire rack and cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
My son couldn't stand it any longer. Even though he had already eaten two, he needed another one and grabbed it from the plate. I took a bite, so I took a picture.
Have a great weekend!
Baking from my heart to your kitchen,