Tuesday, November 27, 2012

50th Anniversary Cake

I hope everyone had a Fabulous Thanksgiving!
We had a great time here at my house.
Living away from family, we usually spend our holidays with just us, but not this time.

I was determined to find another family that lives far away from their loved ones.
I didn't have to look far, a family from my son's kindergarten class is also from California.
I saw this great idea to make graham cracker houses with the kids.
It was a great idea until I placed candy and royal icing in front of 7 kids. I think there was more eating and licking then actually creating. It was fun though.

We had such a blessed time! Thankful for new Friendships!

I was able to squeeze in a non-Thanksgiving cake that I want to share with you.


50th Anniversary Cake!

50 years! That is something to celebrate. I just adore this couple, so I was thrilled to make this cake for them. I love how it turned out.


The cake is a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
I have blogged about it before. I feel it is the best carrot cake EVER! I usually am not a fan either.
You can find the recipe here.
For the decorating inspiration I went to one of my favorite decorators, CorrieCakes.

I colored marshmallow fondant gold and then hand painted on some gold edible luster dust (you can find it at most Michael's etc) I will have to do a tutorial on the flowers soon, but I just googled ruffle flowers and found a decent tutorial.
I couldn't find gold pearls so I just luster dusted them with the gold.
Lots of hand lustering (yes, it's a word in my world) and love!


Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Ulmer!
Now on to Christmas baking!!


Baking from my heart to your kitchen,





6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father's Day is a 2011 American-Canadian movement horrendousness comic dramatization film composed by Adam Brooks, Jeremy Gillespie, Matthew Kennedy, Steven Kostanski, and Conor Sweeney. Happy Father's Day Wishes The film stars Adam Brooks as Ahab, a man set out to right requital on Chris Fuchman, the Father's Day Killer, an aggressor and serial killer who killed his father years back.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good article!! The same is for us guys, too. I'm in my seventies and am enjoying it because of these truths. In fact, I am trying to find Happy Anniversary Images. Do you might have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading your article. I will keep visiting this blog very often. I’ll use this information for my work.
    https://www.starepisodes.net/the-voice-india-season-3/

    ReplyDelete