Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Cake Happenings

It is finally spring around here!

I thought when my oldest son started school I would have more time to bake and blog, but alas.
I got busier! Imagine that. Now I have had school parties and snacks to think about.

Believe it or not, when teachers, parents or students see me coming they wonder if I have brought goodies.
I'm officially a "treat lady". I secretly love it. I love to bring smiles to faces and here the "this is so good".
Oh yeah, changing the world one snack at a time.

Unfortunately my blog has suffered. I just haven't had time to sit down, type and post pictures.
Frankly, when I do get a chance to sit down I fall asleep. Don't judge, you have been there.

I have made a few cakes recently and have a couple more in the works so I thought I would share some cuteness with you.

I have been using less and less fondant in my cakes. Only using it for accents etc. I like the buttercream look and am honing my smoothing skills.

First Graduation Cake of 2013!
The theme was specifically requested. I do love when people are specific. As much as I like to be creative, sometimes it is good to know what is expected.

"Oh the Places You'll Go!"

My sons 4th Birthday!
He asked for a motorcycle jumping over his cake. Here is what I came up with. He also loves peanut butter and chocolate, so I covered it in that two. Chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream.

Tennis Cutie!
My friend and I saw a photo on cakeplanner.com. We fell in love with the cute little tennis girl sitting on top.
We have been waiting for a chance to create one for ourselves. She was having a lunch with some of her tennis girls, perfect time!


Thanks for sticking with me!
Only two more weeks of school left. It will be bittersweet, but I am looking forward to the summer and SLEEPING IN!

From my heart to your kitchen,

1 comment: