Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chocolate Coconut m&m Sugar Cookies

Why?


My almost 3 year old's favorite word right now. If you are past this point in your child's life. God Bless You! You feel my pain.


I answer the first round of "Why's" with a patient answer. 


Wash your hands.... Why?... Because you just stuck your hand in the toilet..... Ok


Please don't jump off the couch.... Why? ..... Because you can hurt yourself.... ok


Please don't color on the wall..... Why? .... Because you color on paper not on the walls.... ok


Now fast forward to lunch time. I have gone half the day answering why after why......


Please don't dump your food on the floor.... Why? (As he continues dumping)....... 


At this point my friends I can feel my nerves slowly unraveling... the inevitable "Because I said so" is coming soon. Deep breaths.... deep breaths.....


So when my husband walks in and asks, "Why are you making those cookies right now?" The poor man didn't know I had reached my quota of "whys" for the day. I ever so kindly responded, "Because I want to!"
I love that man, he understood and just backed out of the kitchen, no further explanation was needed.


You will need:

(This is really the only one you need)
Coconut m&m's

Make the Cookies according to directions.
Cut in cute little shapes.
Press m&m's in center.
Bake.
Eat.


They are best when they are right out of the oven and the m&m is soft, but they are still tasty the next day too. At least I think so. It is chocolate goodness with a hint of coconut.
Simple, yet delicious.
Why?
Because sometimes you just need a cookie.


Baking from my heart to your kitchen,





3 comments:

  1. Is there any chance we'll be eating these tomorrow at the Easter Party? :) I enjoyed checking out your blog for the first time. I've just recently started adding stuff to mine again. Stop by sometime and please comment so I know someone out there is reading it! :) http://lindsey-at-home.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went by your blog and read it, but I didn't find a "follow" button. I will look again.

      Delete