Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Devil's Food Cake Cookies

The other night I found my husband rummaging through the pantry in search of something sweet. I have banned him from my chocolate chips, you never know when a baker might need them. The bigger dilemma here is that there was truly nothing sweet in the house. Catastrophic indeed! That needed to rectified immediately.

I didn't want to spend too much time making anything, we were in a crisis and needed chocolate stat.
I remember I want to try cookies using cake mix, I mean seriously, a cookie and a cake all in one. A definite winner in my book.


If you reach such a crisis in your house, here is what I did....




You will need:
1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup powdered sugar


 Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Gently combine eggs, oil and vanilla extract.




 Sift (for easy mixing) in Devil’s Food Cake Mix and stir until combined. Dough will be very firm.




Make dough balls (about 1 ½ T in size) and then pat them out into disks ¾ thick.
 Cover the dough in powdered sugar and place on cookie sheets





Bake for 7-10 minutes.
Enjoy!
Grab a glass of milk. Crisis has been averted!



Baking from my heart to your kitchen,





No comments:

Post a Comment