Friday, February 1, 2013

Candy Cakes

Where have I been?! 
I mean seriously! How long has it been since I blogged last?
I don't even know.

My excuse? Birthdays... Christmas... Parties... New Years.... Surgery.
Yes, surgery is my latest excuse. 

I took a break for a while to spend time with my family during the busy holiday season and then the surgery put me down for a few weeks.

I did manage to photograph a few things before I went MIA.

Candy Cakes! Yes! Cakes with candy in them, on them, around them.
Takes cake to a whole new level.



This one I did for New Years.
Super Yummy.


It all started with this cake for my son's birthday.
I didn't get a great picture, but it was so delicious I had to make it again.
My son's birthday was on Christmas by the way.
Fun, fun!


In case you were wondering it takes 5 king size Kit Kat bars to surround the whole cake.


The inside was yellow cake with fudge frosting.
It went SO well with the Kit Kats. 
I want a slice of this cake now.


Just make sure you watch your M&M's when making this cake.


One last cake with candy.
Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.
With Reese's cups in the middle and on top.
One word, Yum.

I will try not to stay away too long again. I know how much you missed me.
At least in my world you missed me greatly, there may have even been tears.

You all are so great!

Baking from my heart to your kitchen,





No comments:

Post a Comment