Monday, February 11, 2013

Easy Eclair Dessert

Something very important happened while I was recovering from surgery.

My friends went from amazing, to all caps, double exclamation point AMAZING!!

They brought me flowers, cards and food. Oh so much food! I didn't have to cook for weeks. They were scared to make me desserts though... hmm... I wonder why? Because I couldn't eat them? Was I allergic to sweets? Was I gaining weight?! 

No, no and no, well maybe that last one.
They didn't want to make sweets for the one who always makes them sweets. Silliness I tell you.

However, a teacher from my son's school decided to brave a dessert. My family raved about it for days. It is so simple so I thought I would share it with you.

Not the best of pictures, we ate it too fast!


Eclair Cake
2 (3.4 oz) or 1 Large packages vanilla instant pudding mix (dry)
1 tsp vanilla
3-1/2 cups whole milk
12 oz. cool whip
1 box of graham crackers


1 container of chocolate frosting and a bit of milk

Oh yeah, it's that easy. Next time I will try everything homemade, but for now, enjoy the easy.


Blend milk and vanilla pudding mix for about 2 minutes.
Fold in cool whip.
In a 9x13 inch pan, layer graham crackers to cover entire bottom of pan. 

Pour half of the pudding mixture on top of graham crackers and level.
Put another layer of graham crackers on top of mixture to cover entire surface.
Put the second half of pudding mixture on top and level.



Put the final layer of graham crackers on top to cover entire surface. Next time I will probably put the bumpy side down. I did get a little insane about covering this layer tightly. I knew I would be spreading frosting on top.


Put your frosting in a seperate bowl and mix a few tsp of milk in to smooth it. Mix with a spoon, adding milk until it reaches the consistency you need to spread it on top of the last layer of graham crackers.


There, all nice and frosted. Place in the refridgerater overnight or for at least 4+ hours to set.

I told you... super easy.

Thanks friends for all the love you sent me during my recovery.
One of the best moments ever was when my husband brought me handmade cards from my son's Kindergarten class.


Sipping hospital coffee, reading the Kindergarten cards... so sweet.


Baking from my heart to your kitchen,






No comments:

Post a Comment