Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Monkey Bread meets Sticky Bun

Enter Pumpkey Buns! Oh yeah, I sat up all night thinking of that one.

Meanwhile, I have been wanting to try this recipe ever since I saw it. I did, however, want to put my own spin on it. My mom owned a restaurant, back in the day, and she made Caramel Cinnamon Buns, I wanted to incorporate that somehow. This is what was created.

Please excuse my photography, I don't claim to be an expert, I just point and click and pray it looks delicious.


I made this Pumpkey bread ring also, looks delicious right? Nod your heads... thank you. Please ignore the sippy cups in the background. Just keepin' it real around here.

The Pumpkey Bun of deliciousness!

Pumpkin Monkey Bread:

For the dough:
3 1/4 cups flour, plus extra for kneading
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup warm milk
1/4 cup warm water
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast

For the coating:
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 stick butter, melted

Topping:
Honey
Brown Sugar
Pecans

sugarcrafter.com detailed the recipe perfectly, so I must give her credit, find the directions here http://sugarcrafter.net/2011/09/23/pumpkin-monkey-bread/ except for the topping. Come back here for topping details.

Before you put the dough into the pan or muffin tin:

Pour honey in the bottom of the pan or each muffin space, sprinkle with brown sugar pecan. Put about three of the dough balls into each muffin space.

Once it has baked, about 20-25 min for buns at 350, let cool for about 5 min, then turn out onto platter. Enjoy!

2 comments: