Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies



One of my comfort foods is a good chocolate chip cookie. Honestly, I can never turn one down, nor have I met one I didn't like. So on this cold, rainy day (at least it is here right now) let's have one.

I never use a stand mixer for my chocolate chip cookies. I mix them by hand, more love that way. But that's just me, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy and like I'm a little girl again in my mom's kitchen.

I had some extra pumpkin that I needed to use. I found this recipe on howdoesshe.com and it does not disappoint. Her complete recipe is here.
 You will need:

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips


In one bowl mix the dry ingredients, in the other the everything else, but the chocolate chips.
Gradually add the dry to the wet.


Fold in the chocolate chips.


Spoon onto a cookie sheet. Try not to eat all the dough, I know it is tempting.


Bake at 400 degrees for about 13 minutes. My oven bakes a bit quicker so it was 11-12 minutes for  me.
These were so yummy warm, but I managed to save some to take to a church dinner the next day.
Enjoy!

Baking from my heart to your kitchen









No comments:

Post a Comment