Friday, November 11, 2011

Simply Saturday: Lining your cake pan


A while back I watched an episode of "Good Eats" with Alton Brown. He was talking about cheesecake and during this episode he used a trick to line his pan. It revolutionized my life. Well, at least made it easier.

Maybe you already have a fabulous way to line your pans, but this is what works for me.


First, parchment paper. I cut a square piece out a little bigger than the pan


Fold that piece in half.


Fold it in half again.


Then fold over into a triangle.


Fold over again to form a cone shape.


Point toward the middle of the pan. You could also turn the pan over and find the middle with the point of your parchment paper.


Then cut the size of the pan.


As I have mentioned before, I have issues with cutting in straight lines, so I always have to trim it a little.


Place the circle in bottom of pan. It "should" fit perfectly. Sometimes my circle is not very circular, but that is just error on my part.

If you would like to see Alton Brown's illustration go here 
He also lines the sides of the pans, but I never do unless baking cheesecake.


Baking from my heart to your kitchen,





No comments:

Post a Comment