Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake


I had some blueberries left over from Christmas breakfast that I didn't want to go to waste so I decided to make a pound cake. I had also made some caramel sauce so I drizzled that over it, Yummy.
Although I think anything drizzled with caramel is yummy.

You will need:

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix (but I used white)
1/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
 In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, cream cheese, oil, butter and vanilla. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.


Batter will be thick

Stir in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

Yes, I used a cake mix, but sometimes I just need to cut a corner. It still tasted fantastic.
I also made a powdered sugar glaze to pour over it, but I gave it away before I got a picture.


Baking from my heart to your kitchen,





No comments:

Post a Comment