Saturday, January 14, 2012

Simply Saturday: Blackberry Brownie Bites



I know I recently posted about blackberries, but I had to use up the rest of my blackberries.
I made some blackberry buttercream and tried to put it on cupcakes, but it was a strong blackberry flavor.
I needed a strong chocolate flavor... sooo.... I found a recipe for double chocolate brownie cookies in a cookbook I have. I was sold on double chocolate. Yum.

You can really put whatever you want in the middle of these brownie bites, I just used my buttercream, but the possibilities are endless... endless I say!

You will need:

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 Tbls butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup AP flour
1/4 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees




In a micowave safe bowl melt butter and chocolate chips.

Heat until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on High.




Stir in cocoa until blended. 
With fork, beat in eggs, vanilla and sugar until well mixed.
Stir in flour and baking powder until well blended.




Drop by rounded tablespoons into a mini cupcake tin, greased lightly.
Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are cracked slightly.




While still warm, press a dent in the top and let cool in pan about 5 minutes before removing.




Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
You could actually skip the denting and filling and just eat them as is.
Totally acceptable and yummy... but....if you want to dent and fill, please do.




Then fill with desired filling, blackberry buttercream in my case.


They look so pretty.... and taste so yummy!


If you try these, please come back and let me know what you filled them with.


Enjoy!



Baking from my heart to your kitchen,




1 comment:

  1. I know I told you in person, but I thought you'd enjoy the comment. :) Forrest put a Reese's cup in the center and microwaved it. He loved it!

    ReplyDelete