Saturday, January 21, 2012

Simply Saturday: Waffles

Every morning my husband gets out of bed before me and it's usually because one of our boys wondered in and woke us up, but regardless, he gets up first, wonderful man. If that is not awesome enough, he also starts the coffee. Awesome times infinity! Yeah, we could purchase one of those programmable numbers, but why? It's his way of waking me up in the morning. When I smell that liquid sunshine brewing I feel loved and ready to face the day.



What does that have to do with waffles? Well I'll tell you. It is my husbands favorite breakfast. When I am feeling extra loving or when the kids wake us up way too early, I will make Waffles.
The great thing about these is that you can freeze them in a ziploc and eat them for another breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever, doesn't matter. They freeze well and toast up nicely. Watch out Eggo! There's a new waffle in town.



You will need:
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbls sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract







In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, set aside. Preheat waffle iron.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.


Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook until golden and crisp, or when your waffle iron says they are ready like mine. (the little lights goes off)


Serve immediately or freeze for the next waffle craving.


Baking from my heart to your kitchen,

















No comments:

Post a Comment